Topical hydration is absolutely essential for beautiful skin.
The Janesce mantra is to ‘wet the skin and lock it in’. The way we achieve this is by embracing the twice-daily Janesce Skin Soaking Ritual. This is a three-step process which involves soaking the skin with warm water, applying botanical mists or concentrates, then finishing with a Janesce moisturiser designed to seal the hydration and plant-actives into the skin.
DEHYDRATED BY DEFAULT
Most women have dehydrated skin without even knowing it and have come to accept dull, dry skin as ‘normal’. Low humidity levels, cold temperatures and indoor heating all have a dehydrating effect on the skin. Low moisture levels can weaken and sensitize the upper layer of the skin.
When this happens your skin can exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Skin looks dull and dry.
- Wrinkles and fine lines become more visible.
- Skin easily flushes in cold or hot temperatures.
- Your skin often feels like it needs exfoliation
- Blackheads form and do not easily come out.
- Skin congests easily and is prone to acne and breakouts.
Re-hydrating the stratum corneum through skin-soaking can go a long way to correcting these conditions and can take normal skin from good to glow!
HOW TO SOAK YOUR SKIN
Do the Janesce Skin Soaking Ritual each morning and evening.
Partially fill your hand basin with warm water / Add a few drops of rose or lavender Janesce Soaking Drops and take several deep breaths, enjoying the therapeutic fragrance.
Immerse your Janesce Soaking Cloth in the warm water, wring out excess water and press the damp cloth to your face and neck area / Take five slow, deep breaths / Repeat several times to ensure your skin is fully hydrated
Apply plant therapy to your skin with Janesce botanical mists, serums or concentrates.
Immediately apply a Janesce moisturiser or facial oil to seal in all that botanically-enriched hydration.
THE SKIN BENEFITS OF SOAKING
Skin soaking really is foundational to a beautiful skincare regime. If you soak your skin twice daily for a month, optimum hydration in the skin can result in the following benefits:
- Dehydrated cells will pump up by 25%, softening wrinkles and fine lines.
- Pores will become less visible and the skin texture more refined.
- Oil/sebum will flow more freely onto the surface of the skin, meaning you are less likely to get break-outs and black-heads.*
- Skin will cope better with temperature changes and be more likely to remain calm rather than flushed.
- Skincare products will penetrate more easily and you won’t use as much.
- Enzyme action in the stratum corneum will improve, leading to healthier, stronger more vibrant skin.
- You will begin to notice the trademark Janesce glow!
* This also depends on removing congesting foods from your diet if your skin is prone to congestion.
SKINCARE AS SELFCARE
Embrace the Janesce Skin Soaking Ritual as a beautiful self-care ritual. This 5-10 minute ritual is a gift that you give to yourself every morning and evening to care for your skin and your wellbeing.
If you think of it as a chore, it will be! Instead…
Make your bathroom a beautiful space to be. Buy a plant, light a candle, set out your Janesce products on display. Allow yourself to enjoy the sensory pleasure of the warm water, the soft cloth, the botanical fragrances. When you breathe….breathe deeply, slowly and all the way down. This will activate your para-sympathetic nervous system – away from the stressed, shallow-breathed ‘fight or flight’ regime, into a restorative ‘rest and repair’ mode.
Allow skincare, self-care and soul care to merge with this beautiful Janesce Skin Soaking Ritual.
And, enjoy your Janesce glow!